HAPPENING Today: ~REGULAR~ Bell Schedule
Sports: (Events, meetings, sign-up info, etc.)
Wednesday, October 17th
4:00pm JH Volleyball vs Umatilla
4:00pm JH Football vs Umatilla Cancelled
4:15pm JV Boys Soccer vs Walla Walla
@ Lamb Weston Field dismiss @ 2:30pm leave at 2:45pm @ RHS
Thursday, October 18th
1:00pm Cross Country @ Pendleton dismiss at 11:45am leave at 12pm
4:00pm Varsity Boys Soccer vs Four Rivers @ Lamb Weston Field dismiss at 2:30pm leave at 2:45pm
7:00pm Varsity Football vs Stanfield
Friday, October 19th
4:00pm Cross Country @ Pendleton Community Park dismiss at 1:45pm leave at 2pm
Saturday, October 20th
8:00am JH Volleyball Jamboree @ Weston Middle School leave at 6am
12:00pm Girls Soccer vs Nyssa leave at 6am
2:00pm Boys Varsity Soccer vs Nyssa leave at 6 am
GOOD LUCK PIRATES!
JH Boys Basketball
If you are interested in playing basketball sign ups are in the office. Practice will start Monday, Oct. 22nd from 4:00-5:15pm at Windy River Elementary.
High School Baseball will be having a meeting on Oct. 23rd during lunch in room 106 for all players returning and interested in playing
Congratulations to the Pirates Cross Country team for the excellent results at the Helix Stubblebuster. There were several significant personal record improvements on the high school teams, including Johana Sepulveda, Mariana Solano, AJ Cemore, Tucker Fye, Sergio Rosales-Espain, Liam Nolan, and Angel Flores-Rosas. The junior high team ran an amazing race as well, with Wyatt Browne taking home a medal for his 6th place finish. Matthew Hammond joined Wyatt in the top 10 for the race, and William Harris posted a significant improvement on his 3K time.
- Mark with Josten’s will be here to meet with the Juniors and Seniors on October 22nd and return on October 31st to pick up orders.
- End of 1st QTR. October 25th
The Riverside FFA chapter is partnering with the chapters across the county to put on a dinner auction on November 17th, at the Riverfront Center in Boardman at 5pm. A full meal will be provided as well as many amazing silent and oral auction items. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased from Ms. Hynes. We only have a limited number of tickets, so get yours soon!
KEY CLUB- If you are interested in joining Key Club, sign up in Mrs. Brennan’s room.
- DRIVERS- You need to fill out the Parking Permit Form in the main office.
- If you are late to 1st or 5th period you will receive an invitation to lunch detention. Please show up to class on time. J
- School pictures are in the office. Even if you didn’t purchase pictures you still get proofs. Please stop by and pick them up before school, after school and during lunch.
- High School-If you are interested in playing basketball, sign-ups are in the front office.
- HS LUNCH Reminder- You cannot be in the new commons during lunch. Please eat in the cafeteria or outside.
- As it is getting colder, this is a reminder to dress in warm clothes as we can’t allow students to use blankets at school due to safety concerns.
- Students – now that grades are out if you need extra help in a class or make up a test, you can go to Mr. Johnson’s or Miss Jordan’s room after school or on Fridays. Check the signs on teacher doors for details.
- Are you interested in touring EOU and attending an EOU Football game on Saturday Nov. 3rd? There is only 1 spot left for this trip. Sign up with Mrs. Rosen ASAP if you would like to attend!!!
- Students if you are interested in a career in Nursing, sign up now with Mrs. Rosen to hear the OHSU/EOU School of Nursing admissions rep coming on Oct. 29th. You can sign up for either 1st or 2nd period!!!
- If you are in need of community service, Mr. Shimer has a large project, cleaning up the baseball field that will take several days and be about 2 hours each day until done. Sign-ups are at the office.
- Are you looking for community service hours opportunity? Mrs. Rosen needs babysitting for senior FAFSA night on Monday Oct. 22 from 6-9 pm. Get 3 hours community service – See Mrs. Rosen if you are interested!
SAFETY Messages from Officer Shimer
- Make sure you are locking all of your personal belongings.
- Please use safe driving habits, especially when leaving the school parking lot.