HAPPENING Today: ~3 HOUR LATE START~ Bell Schedule
Sports: (Events, meetings, sign-up info, etc.)
Wednesday, February 21st
5:00 pm JH Wrestling Tournament vs The Dalles, Wyeast MS
Saturday, February 24th
9:00 am JH Girls Basketball Jamboree @ Griswold leave at 7 am
GOOD LUCK PIRATES!
High School Lunch-A reminder that the new commons is off limits during lunchtime. We have classes in session. Please eat your lunch in the cafeteria or outside.
Science Club- Meeting on every Wed 3:15-4:45 pm
Safety Committee- Talk to Officer Shimer if you are interested in joining
Chess Club- every Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
NHS- Will meet each month at lunchtime on the first Tuesday of the month
*NEW*Debate Club- We are currently signing up high school and junior high students interested in participating on a Riverside Debate Team during the 2018 – 2019 school year. This sport
Includes travel, debate within in our school and with other school’s teams, and a state debate conference. Signup sheets are in the office.
Key Club There will be a Key Club rally on March 3rd. Registration forms are due to Mrs. Brennan by Friday Feb, 23.
High School Track- The signup sheet for the Hood River Valley Learn-By-Doing Clinic is at the front office. The first ten to signup get $10 off their registration fee. The clinic is from 8a-4p on Saturday, March 3rd and the cost is $35 (first ten Pirates - $25). See Coach Cornelius for more details.
Softball Sign-ups- If you are interested in playing softball, sign-ups are in the main office.
FUNDRAISER: Baker’s Barker Dog Treats! If you are interested in buying dog treats, contact Mrs. Baker for an order form. Choices are Peanut butter, Cheese and Oatmeal. Order and pick up is before/after school in room 100. Pick up order forms at the office.
YEARBOOK PICTURES-Club pictures for the yearbook will be taken on February 27thstarting at 9:00 AM. Teachers, if you are an advisor for a club, make sure you come with your club for the picture. If your club has t-shirts, please have your members wear them.
COUNSELOR INFO: (Scholarships, Trips, Extra-curricular Activities, etc.)
- 3 new scholarship applications available in the Counseling Office, See Mrs. Rosen to see if you qualify and get an application
*Tillamook Leadership Excellence
*Friends of NRA
*Oregon Jaycee Foundation
- Sign-ups are now available for the Eastern Oregon University Leadership Camp this summer – have fun and earn 4 college credits! Camp is fully paid for – only 10 can attend; see Mrs. Rosen immediately.
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
- Students that want to sign up for the reunification drill as role players sign up at Mr. Shimer’s office.
- Friday February 23rd Regular School Day
SAFETY Messages from Officer Shimer
- As of October 1, YOU ARE NOT TO PICK UP YOUR CELL PHONE for any reason while driving, no phone calls, no text, no mapping, and no changing music.